Archive

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Would your life be better without a TV?


That was the question I asked in my most recent poll and it turns out that 56% think the answer is yes.

Yes
9 (56%)
No
5 (31%)
Not sure
2 (12%)

Votes so far: 16

I wonder how many of you will do anything about that potential positive gain and money saving option by taking action! Colin Beavan (aka No Impact Man) calls the TV, 'the enemy in our living room'. He says,
"I mean--don't get me wrong--I enjoy vegging in front of the TV as much as the next guy. But having it in the house is like having a gallon of ice cream and a bag of cookies in the kitchen. I can't resist and the negative effects when I engorge ends up outweighing the pleasure."
Read the whole thing

A new poll will up soon

For other poll results and my discoveries about my readers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got rid of our tv in February. We had spent 3 months in Australia without one and liked it so much that when we got back to the UK we sold it.
Of course you have to be careful you don't just watch everything online instead, but I would say that we read more, play more board games and generally enjoy not having the 'noise' of the TV.

Jeremy on 4 February 2009 at 13:50 said...

I didn't have a TV for several years, and found I never missed it. I could always watch films on the computer, and any series worth seeing is eventually available on a box set from the library.

My wife wasn't having any of that when we got married last year, so it's back in the house, but I'd happily get rid of it again...

Post a Comment

Recent posts