Archive

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Does buying anti-consumerism books count?


I've just come back from a weekend with my wife's family (her dad died a year ago) and on the way home we stopped at Booktown (aka Hay-on-Wye) for my annual pilgrimage. On a wet, windy January day on the Wales-England border browsing the shelves of secondhand bookstores is just heaven for me.

Here is what I bought:
Deuteronomy by Gerhard von Rad
The Royal Road to Card Magic by Jean Huggard and Frederick Braue
The Business by Iain Banks
The Darwin Awards by Wendy Northcutt
Shopped by Joanna Blythman
Bono on Bono by Michka Assayas
Who Runs This Place? by Anthony Sampson
The Good, The Bad and the Difference by Randy Cohen
Bad Company by Gideon Haigh

9 books for £18. Bargain. Well, if I actually get round to reading them it will be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts