Archive

Monday, March 19, 2007

Turn Off the TV


Some friends and I in Breathe are supporting a US campaign to turn off the TV if only for a week. TV while occasionally enjoyable more often than not can suck creativity and imagination right out from your brain. Instead we live life and experience relationships through a screen, we talk about what we have watched rather than what we have thought or done, we engage not with reality but with fiction (soaps) and we pass up the chance to talk or think to instead be passively fed. I can be just like that.

So has anyone been truly brave and ditched the TV altogether? How has life improved or changed? Let's hear the stories on what we really think about the box....

1 comments:

Ian Matthews on 22 March 2007 at 12:51 said...

This is really hard. I did it for Lent a couple of years ago and it changed me.I woudl love to do it permanently, but part of me goes "How can I survive without 24/Boston Legal/Doctor Who???" although I know I can survive (and thrive) perfectly well without it.

Post a Comment

Recent posts