Archive

Thursday, September 27, 2007

It's surprising how funny the end of the world can be


Sometimes I just need a change of gear in my reading, something light, something with some wit. The Pocket Guide to the Apocalypse fitted my need perfectly.

Sometimes I wonder in amazement at how people aren't followers of Jesus and then I read a book like this and all the pre-millenial nutcases and their predictions of the end of the world and I wonder at the miracle that anyone at all has chosen to become a Christian.

This does manage the tricky feat of both genuinely informing you about eschatology while poking lots of fun at it all at the mad way too many Christians get their knickers in a twist trying to predict what Jesus called unpredictable. He showed a little bit too much respect for Left Behind though, because those novels are awful. Anyway if you want some humour with your doomsaying, the-end-is-nigh-and-this-time-I-mean-it, antichrist identifying then this is a great little book to buy. Just click on the title linked above.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts