Archive

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas with Dietrich Bonhoeffer


This is another attractive gift book with Bonhoeffer in the same vein as Who Am I? and makes for a thoughtful gift for Advent (it's a bit late for such recommendations but never mind there's always next year). The format is the same with a reflection, phrase or thought from the great man and they really did make me stop and think about the season we're in.

I'm a bit jaded about Christmas, it doesn't have much wonder for me and I've been seeking how to celebrate what it really means in a way that has integrity to the event itself. So for example the way we share the Lord's Supper (while by no means perfect) seems fitting to the event I'm remembering, but I just can't say the same about Christmas. So to genuinely pause again in awe at what happened was a pleasant surprise. So I'm going to post some of the quotes in the last few days before Christmas day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts