Archive

Saturday, May 03, 2008

How to lead a mercy filled life in a difficult world


The title of this post was the title I was given at last weekend's social action conference. I was the first half of the main afternoon seminar hosted by Mick Taylor of Kings Church Catford. The second half was by Andy Clasper of Micah Challenge. I think it went OK, no sign of the audio yet but I'll chase it up if I can. For those interested here's my presentation and talk notes, although I did improvise a little bit here and there.



The whole conference was excellent. The day was opened by host Simon Allen who introduced a friend of his who had come to Christ after decades in crime and drugs, wonderful. Stuart Townend and Phatfish band led us in worship. Then Mick Taylor opened with a really vivid talk on the kingdom of God and how we are values driven not results driven. Seminars followed and I heard Dave Fellingham on lessons learned from the early days of the Salvation Army. Lunch and afternoon seminars with a Dr Phil Clarke who didn't really hit his theme but told wonderfully inspiring stories on why we do what we do, why we live and love the broken. Great day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts