Archive

Friday, May 09, 2008

Slipstream - Leadership


As a young(er) leader in church (does 33 still count as young?) one of the greatest helps to me has been spending time with older, wiser and more experienced - and in my eyes more Godly leaders. No question that time with these men and women have helped me solve issues, think more clearly, handle pressures and grow amidst all the challenges. So it's good to see an organisation like the Evangelical Alliance launch Slipstream. From their site their aim is to:

leaders-in-formation

Slipstream exists to network, equip and grow leaders across the generations through:

  • Monthly e-bulletin and podcast, featuring interviews with high profile Christian leaders and essential information on hot topics
  • A Facebook group for younger leaders and online book group / discussion forum (www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5698074490)
  • Events around the UK to resource and inspire you and your ministry.

Curiously enough, I've become a contributor already with some of my earlier book reviews (this one and this one - links to Slipstream) appearing on the site. It's always pleasing to discover someone else is reading your blog and that something on there is worth reading. So I was more than happy to give permission for them to be reproduced. It's an excellent idea and I hope it takes off, do go and take a look. I've included a permanent link under things I'm involved in, which is a bit more than in reality but I can't think of where else to put the link at the moment. The first podcast interview is with Terry Virgo, who leads Newfrontiers, the family of churches I belong to.

So there you go, head to slipstream, read, debate, engage and feed back!

1 comments:

Unknown on 10 May 2008 at 10:44 said...

Hi Phil - good to see your reviews getting some exposure elsewhere. I'd love to feature some too, if I may?

Thanks for including my feeds in yours :-)

Post a Comment

Recent posts