Archive

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Modern Life is Rubbish


My friend Ian has just posted a passionate plea to live differently. He writes,
"I do not want to accommodate the consumer society – I want to change it. I want to live differently, and to raise my children to live differently as well. I will not conform to this. I will find a better way to live – one more in harmony with the teaching of Jesus – principles of justice, mercy, righteousness, truthfulness, generosity, sacrifice and mutuality."
and
"I look at some of the excellent examples that have found a different way to live, such as The Simple Way in Philadelphia, USA and the Northumbria Community in the UK and rejoice in what they do. But I want something that works here and now in Shrewsbury, Shopshire, with the people I know. I want something that I can do now"
Read the whole thing here and join in the conversation

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts