Archive

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Waking up from the consumer dream


Breathe was invited to contribute to the latest edition of Slipstream from the EA. Breathe friend and Make Wealth History blogger Jeremy stepped up to the plate with this article.
"It’s 07:49am and I’m standing on an escalator, flanked on both sides by streaming commuters and flashing LCD screens. Easyjet suggest I go skiing. Armani want me to know that their new mobile phone has ‘night effect’, whatever that might be. I deserve more TV channels, and Virgin would love to supply them to me. I am barely an hour into my day, and already I have seen dozens of these visions of commodified happiness. Where, in all this buzz of hype, is the promise of real life?"
Read the whole thing here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts