Archive

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Adbusting: Radox


Some ads are subtle and others are less so like this one.



They even have a website where you can learn good reasons to be selfish which is hardly a quality our nation is short of. Time is apparently 'woman's greatest enemy' and the way to freedom, the way to harness time, the way to make it your friend is to be selfish, is to have more 'me' time.

It's a concept which I hear a lot, it's an idea that is most definitely in the church, it's in my life. I need 'me' time, to focus on myself and that's just one step from saying "It's OK for me to be selfish."

It is good to spend some time in quiet, to do things on you enjoy, it is good to have time for reflection but it is never good to be selfish. A selfish approach to time means I'm deliberately putting myself above others, I'm consciously making MY agenda the top one, the prime one, the most important one. Life, even for a short time, becomes about me. For most people this is entirely reasonable but for someone whose life belongs to Christ it's not so reasonable. In fact you could argue it's sin.

We need a radically different view of time that frees us from the demands of a busy life. that sees it as a gift and every moment to be enjoyed. For that try this from Tim Chester or consider this from the Promise of Life,
"Because life is a gift, we live it thankfully
Savour what we have
Pray for what we need.
No longer hurried, distracted, or worried,
We’ll walk through each moment with God"
Don't be selfish, be free

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts