Archive

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Off to Brighton


Tomorrow I'm off to TOAM. My friend Dave sums it up quite well. I've no idea what the platform speakers will be saying - on my more cynical moments I'm expecting stories relating to OT characters loosely applied to church planting, training leaders and building big churches. Which is what we say most years.

However, if being in Newfrontiers has taught me anything, it's to learn the habits of grace. So I shall try to stow the cynicism and be open to whatever God wants to say to me and us as a movement. I'm blogging the conference. However I shall try to give a different flavour and angle to TOAM to Adrian Warnock, so I'm not merely repeating his message round ups.

After that I'm on holiday in Dorset for a week, enjoying my family, some good books, and the place where I grew up.

3 comments:

Unknown on 6 July 2009 at 11:10 said...

Newfrontiers is a place to..."learn the habits of grace" - totally! It's one of the most beautiful aspects of the movement.

I'm still contemplating whether to blog the week.

Mark Heath on 6 July 2009 at 20:55 said...

Have fun. Sadly I can't go this year. Hopefully they will upload the sermons quick like last year.

Hope you enjoy the sermons on "Gideon: how to select an elite church planting team", "Rehoboam: planting new churches by 'multiplying' existing ones", "Babel: building big churches with the gift of tongues", and "Balaam: Embracing the ministry of itinerant prophets"

Phil Whittall on 6 July 2009 at 23:43 said...

Mark, those are genius sermon titles. I'll keep you updated if we get anywhere close!

Post a Comment

Recent posts