Archive

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bodies


I did an assembly to a group of Year 10 students this morning & I played them this:



It's a spiritual song of searching and longing. It's also one of confusion and at the end of the day hopelessness. You get the feeling from the song that they think, 'it would be nice if Jesus did die for me but I just can't believe it'. There are a lot of obstacles to faith.

I talked of the search for significance and meaning, the quest for hope and love and I said it could be found in Jesus. I had less than 10 minutes, so I've no idea what sunk in, but maybe something did.

Here are some others that have reflected on this new Robbie Williams song:
  1. Matt Hosier 
  2. Jon Matthias
  3. David Keen (lots of links here to other discussions)
  4. Glen Scrivener

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts