Archive

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Pre-Christmas Clear Out


I'm getting itchy with all the buying going on around me, so I've started to simplify (again). I was going to wait until New Year but as I look around at the videos I may never watch again, the wardrobe with clothes I haven't worn for a year, the junk that has accumulated in the various corners of the house. You have to feel sorry for my wife as I poke around constantly asking 'do we need this?' while holding up some unknown item from under the stairs.

It may be a personality thing but I feel more at ease with myself, more open to others when I'm not bloated with possessions. Besides consciously not wanting so much stuff is, albeit rather slowly, helping me focus on the joy of giving rather than receiving at Christmas. Sorry for the slightly worthy tone of this post, just how I'm feeling today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts