Archive

Monday, June 11, 2007

Taking it one day at a time


One of the many distressing things about contemporary life is that we are so focused on 'what's happening next' that we miss the opportunity to savour and enjoy the present. Today I went for a walk with my wife, I enjoyed it but I kept finding myself thinking to the next thing and it robbed me of the moment. Don't worry about tomorrow a wise man once said, but what about this afternoon or this evening? Can I worry about that? 

To immerse yourself in the present isn't something we should only do on holiday but learn to cultivate each day, so each day becomes precious and valuable. Not time passed but time well spent. This is not outward simplicity but it is inner peace and contentment and with that comes a profound simplicity that can changes us from the inside out. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent posts