Archive

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Thinking about Christmas


I'm notoriously bad about thinking about Christmas celebrations (as opposed to the gift of Jesus) until about the 23rd December. Although this year is quite different. As a family and as a church we're having a feast on Christmas Day where we're hoping to invite those who would otherwise be having a less than merry day - Soul Purpose Christmas

Others have also been doing some good thinking about Christmas - read, remember and act
For other ideas try Buy Nothing Christmas or Alternativity or Advent Conspiracy or Rethinking Christmas

3 comments:

Jeremy on 2 November 2008 at 10:48 said...

Thanks for the links, I hadn't come across Advent Conspiracy before. Looks great.

Mother Letter on 11 November 2008 at 22:46 said...

I'm also getting involved in creating Christmas instead of buying it. I've started a link for my wife's present (and she doesn't know about it yet).

www.motherletter.blogspot.com

D

Phil Whittall on 12 November 2008 at 09:22 said...

I like the idea Mother Letter about creating Christmas. Thanks for the link...

Post a Comment

Recent posts