Archive

Friday, December 19, 2008

Most commented posts


Blogging is a funny thing, when you start out you try and tell yourself that you don't mind if no one else reads it (just in case no one else does). So I guess a highlight for any bloggers journey is when you get your first comment (thanks Ross) as you get that confirmation that somebody else actually reads what you've put time into writing. I had to wait 3 weeks for the first comment and since then it's been a patchy record with my record being 10 comments. I think I may well have left half of those but I'm still counting it.

So yesterday we had the most read posts and today we have the 10 most commented on posts. Interestingly they're not the same. So here they are counting down and yes you should feel free to add to them:

10. -Why I'm happy to lead a Newfrontiers Church (5 Comments) and Newfrontiers Weaknesses? (5 comments)
9. - Breaking News (6 comments)
8. - What's a Pastor of Technology? (6 comments)
7. - Worship Experiences (6 comments)
6. - Yancey on Blogging (7 comments)
5. - Generous Living means Generous Giving (7 comments)
4. - Revival or Jesus? (8 comments)
3. - Book Review: Business for the Glory of God (8 comments)
2. - Supporting Christian Bookshops (8 comments)
1. - Called out: how ecumenical am I? (10 comments)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's another comment to add to your collection ;)

My record is 56 for
a transcript of Ern Baxter's Life on Wings I was hosting for a friend. My most comments on my own material was 28 for a post on parachurch organisations

I think its a shame that since most blogs turned off trackbacks due to mountains of spam there is less commenting going on because you are less aware of when other bloggers are referring to your own posts.

Phil Whittall on 19 December 2008 at 19:15 said...

Thanks Mark and I liked your post on parachurch. I'm clearly a long way off 28, but it's good to have a conversation/debate on blogs. Any way round the spam/trackback issue?

Anonymous said...

I guess one way of promoting comments on blogs is by supporting emails to alert people to new comments. I find it hard to remember all the posts I have commented on in order to check back and see if the author has responded. Blogger lets you only if you log in with your Google account. I switched my blog to WordPress this week so I await to see whether comments increase or not.

I don't think we're anywhere close to solving the spam in comments/trackbacks issue though. I got 128 of them in the last 24 hours alone.

Post a Comment

Recent posts