Archive

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Frugal Living


Suddenly and unsurprisingly frugality and thrift seem to be eminently sensible. It should be a point of note that people tended to view this kind of simplicity as somewhat bizarre while we were in the middle of the boom and shopping frenzy (not all that long ago), but now it seems its wisdom all the way.

If you're interested in how to live more simply or simply need to prune the outgoing column of your budget (or even make a budget) then Lifehacker has a couple of useful posts each with links to plenty of other useful posts on doing all of the above.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reflecting recently on the fact that the word frugal doesn't appear in any worship song ever. I have been thinking about how I can rectify this lamentable situation with a new song of my own.

I've got most of the lyrics for the first section worked out. It goes to the tune of Paul Oakley's classic song "I want to be holy":

I want be frugal, I want be prudent
I want to spend my cash the way you want me to
I want be solvent, not living on credit
I want to be content with what you've given me

I want to be debt-free, not walking in worry
I want to give away what you have given me

I want to be much more generous
I want to be more like you
Keep helping me give more freely


feel free to suggest additional lines if you know the tune

Post a Comment

Recent posts